|Good Morning Sunday|
A traditional Swedish Bullar is a sweet dough that is based on the standard dough recipe. Add yeast to sugar-milk, add in flour, sugar, eggs, knead and let rise. Roll out add the toppings which is usually margarine blended with cinnamon and white sugar. Spread on the rolled out dough and rolled, sliced and egg washed and topped with pearl sugar. Mine is not so different, but it is tweaked to add a little pizazz to them.
|grind your own cardamom|
Maple Sugar And Black Cardamom Cinnamon Rolls
recipe as follows:
3-4 teaspoons of whole black cardamom ground. (will equal about 1½ teaspoon of ground ) or just add in already ground.
50g of fresh sweet yeast or 3½ tablespoons of dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/3 cup white sugar
½ cup melted coconut oil or you can use butter
1 tsp salt
How to filling:
½ cup to 3/4 cup soft butter
½ cup-3/4 cup soft light brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons of good quality cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk
- Add the rest off ingredients and mix well(.Remember to add in your ground cardamom to the dough) Knead into a ball.
- Let rise until double in size(about one hour)
- When ready, roll out into about 1/4 inch thick square-rectangle
- Spread softened butter on the rolled out dough
- Then sprinkle your cinnamon covering all the edges
- Sprinkle on the light brown sugar and fan out so it is evenly covered
- Roll up your dough. be sure to make it quite tight and uniform so you can get equal slices
rolled and ready to slice
- Slice in to 3/4 inch or less give or take and let rise in a warm spot for about one hour.
- After they have rises for the second time lightly beat an egg and gently egg wash the tops of your BULLAR/ Cinnamon rolls and sprinkle with if you can find Swedish pearl sugar(maybe at Ikea stores or the internet) or I used Real Canadian Maple sugar granulated sugar available at www.erablierecarber.com which just added the most amazing taste and texture.
Remove from the oven and let cool on a baking rack. Serve warm or these freeze very well. Just reheat in the oven for 5 minutes. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great spring day; where ever you are. Thanks for dropping by and hope to see you again.