Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pasta Puttanesca with tuna for a goat in love

served with fresh buffalo mozzarella on linguine pasta   
My goat is a vegg head and he loves anything to do with pasta, cream and habanero scotch bonnet peppers. It is not hard to cook for him, but it can be a little insensitive on his part when I have slaved over a good meal to watch him destroy my perfect seasoning with a fiery of hot peppers. I think what's the point. I could just be one of those microwave ladies and throw a dish in the microwave slather it with hot peppers and hot sauce and I am sure he wouldn't even notice the difference. He would just say "it was ok". Well, it was a rare change the other day when I whipped up a batch of my amazing pasta Puttanesca for him, and he didn't add a thing. Just ate, and ate and ate until he had the happy mans glow on his face.
serves 4

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves
6 anchovy fillets
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 
3 cups of my homemade butter onion sauce (or a 450 g jar of good quality pasta sauce)
pinch of sugar
2 fresh basil sprigs
1/4 cup kalmata olives( I used green regular pimento olives) Kalmata olives can be a little over baring
1 heaping tablespoon of capers
salt and pepper to taste 
1 can of best quality tuna in water you can afford drained.

Directions:
Heat oil in a large sauce pan. Add the garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper flakes. ( I use Dilip's red pepper flakes from Mill and Mortar  winter LARDER (see links on main page for store and web address)
and cook over moderate heat, stirring for 1 minute. Add the sauce and stir in the sugar, basil olives and capers. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally until it thickens.(About 20 minutes)  Season to taste, and discard basil sprig add the drained can of tuna and let simmer while you prepare the pasta. Serve scooped atop a lush amount of pasta and garnish with the soft dollops of buffalo mozzarella. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment