How to Chocolate Chip Cookie:
|oh my goodness!|
2 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3/4 cups unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar ( I used light muscovado brown sugar)
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips or 300 g of a good baking chocolate chopped.
- Preheat your oven 180 degrees C or 360 degrees F
- Line your baking trays with parchment paper
- Sift together, flour, salt,baking soda; set aside
- Melt butter
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well mixed
- Mix in the vanilla
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, until light and creamy
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended
- Stir in the chocolate chips. I usually use a wooden spoon or my hands, but try not to over work the dough. Just enough to fully incorporate.
- Drop cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. I used 1/8 cup which gave me large cookies.
|makes about 25 cookies or 15 very large ones|