I am waiting for my new fuji camera and I am excited to be able to post better quality photo's and hopefully you will want to stop by more often to see what's happening on It's all about the food. I hope that your weather in your part of the world is not giving you the blues today, and if so grab a book curl up on the sofa and hunker down into a bowl full of this very satisfying meal.
- Makes enough for 4 large portions
- 4 fresh corn on the cob husked and rinsed
- 1/3 cup of fresh lime juice about 3 large limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic,minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder or more to taste
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red pepper diced or sliced into small pieces
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup of fresh cooked peeled shrimp of your choice
In a small jar with a fitted lid add the lime juice, minced garlic, olive oil, salt,chili powder and cover and shake until well mixed. Set a side. In a large pot add your fresh corn to a pot of well salted boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender, but not to soft. I like a little extra bite in my corn, so i tend to cook it a little under so it's still that deep golden yellow, but a little hard to the touch.
Remove the corn from the water and let cool until you can handle it.Meanwhile, chop up your vegetables and add them to the bowl. Add your black beans and toss. when you can handle the cobs. Slice off the kernels gently and add them to your other ingredients.
Give your dressing a good shake and gently pour a little stir and taste and continue to add dressing until it is to your taste. Add some fresh pealed cooked shrimp, toss and enjoy with a good piece of bread and butter what could be better?